Thursday, February 25, 2016

Taos' Big Brother Room

Taos' Big Brother Room Inspiration


 Happy Thursday everybody! We have almost made it to the weekend. I know I have big plans for my weekend to start to working on Taos' "big brother room". I've already got Cameron ready to help move beds here and there and get our big brother all set up for having the coolest little room there is.
 
If you are like me then you might have a slight obsession with Target. Oh I'm so guilty of making Target runs way too much. It's so bad it is to the point Pecos can point a Target out from a mile away. That always gets me dirty looks from  her daddy for some reason. Whoopss! Pillowfort has a new collection that is offered at Target in their Home section, and let me just tell you it is to die for! They have created a super affordable modern look for parents, like us, on a budget. It's like searching through my favorite Instagram feed, but without the crazy big prices.
 
ONE- This wonderful gray and white teepee comes at a price of just $89.99. Tents similar to this on Etsy go easily for well over $100. I will say this is the largest purchase on the blog when it comes to the price, but the fun is endless for your little guy from making him a reading nook or just using his imagination while he is out on an adventure.  There are no tools to set up...that's a score in itself, as well as easy care and clean of a damp cloth for wipe downs. The dimensions are 56 H X 58W X 58L.
 
TWO: This wooden arrow plaque is the perfect touch for your adventurous little guy. A lot of this collection is more geared toward camping, but as y'all know Taos is our little cowboy. You can always pick and choose things from a great collection as this one and morph it into your very own look.
 
THREE:  "Wild and Free" wire wall d├ęcor.
 
FOUR: Wire baskets are so handy in children's rooms. Whether you use them for book storage, toys, or blankets the choice is all yours!
 
FIVE: This Navajo inspired wall hanger is such a fun funky touch as well.
 
SIX: Of course I had to have  some cactus in there with this super cute throw pillow. Such a fun splash of southwest!
 
SEVEN: Sweet Dreams My Child toddler blanket from my newest Etsy obsession Charlie Rowan Designs. Please got check them out...amazing is all I have to say! It is made of organic cotton and is also offered in a swaddle for your littlest guy!
 
EIGHT: "Just Sitting on the Corner of Awesome and Bombdiggity" crib sheet from Charlie Rowan Designs  is super fun and unique. When I saw this I just knew I had to have. This is another piece on the inspiration board that is on the higher side of the price range. When it comes to great quality and unique pieces they are worth their weight in gold to me simply because I thrive off of being different. There are not enough words to express how much I love this crib sheet!
 
NINE: "The Coolest Kid in Town" pillow sheet.
 
TEN: XL Corduroy Bean Bag Chair is perfect for inside or outside of the tent with all his stuffed animals or snuggled up with his favorite books.
 
I love this look so much. I feel it simple touches like this that take a nursery to "big brother' level really quick. Taos is at the stage where all he wants to do is be outside with his daddy or playing with his trucks and cows. I want to create a fun and stylist environment for him to do so. He is growing up so fast, and as much as I hate to admit it he is not my baby any more. I'm excited to see him grow in these next few months before baby gets here. He has already changed so much in the last few months by showing independence and talking more. I hope these pieces have inspired you as much as they have me. I can't wait to begin the redecorating!!
 
Jordan
 


No comments:

Post a Comment