Monday, January 18, 2016

Praising Jesus for Sick Babies






It's only Monday and I know it's going to be a great week. I'm not enjoying the fact that my sweet babies are under the weather, but never the less I'm praising Jesus for this wonderful slow down in day to day life. It seems like I drive a million miles a day and our kids are 3 and 18 months old. Pecos has school Tuesday and I bible study then ballet, Wednesday night church, and Thursday Pecos has school. When you live five miles down a dirt road and then 10-15 miles more of pavement to town it makes for a whole lotta time in the truck! I for one am I total home body to a certain extent.

 I will say that I have enjoyed today and I know tomorrow will look a lot like it as well! Sleepless night, morning cuddles and milk, followed by movies and books, lunch, naps, and more books until dinner and bedtime. I love this season of life that sometimes we as mothers unknowingly wish away. I have caught myself so many times counting the hours till bedtime so I could just melt in my bed! 

Sick babies can sometimes be a strain on our pocket books and our patience. But I believe The Lord places these seasons in our lives to help us recenter our sometimes blurred sights from work, sporting events, and finances to let us enjoy them just being little. I know I have caught myself smiling all day and whispering "thank you Jesus for that sweet little scratchy voice." Children are the real joy of our lives. There will come a time when Pecos and Taos will no longer need me to kiss their boo boos, tie their shoes, or clean their sweet little faces. I have been praying for patience with them for the past few weeks. We all know as mothers energy and patience a run very low through your first trimester. I can slowly see a spike in both places thankfully! And as last night Pecos wake ever half hour from her coughing fits my love and patience a never failed as I soothed her and held her.  No sweet little soul can whisper "mommy you're my best friend" five minutes after a time out over a fit for more gummy snacks. There is such a sweet innocence they possess that I pray for daily. They have such forgiving and loving spirits that I pray that I nurture and grow as I raise them to be men and women. 


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127:3-5


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Loving your outfit!

    Praying for patience for you and that the rest of your week is wonderful :)

    -Nicole

    wellwornblog.com

    ReplyDelete