Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Heart of Thanksgiving







































It's Thanksgiving Eve...well that is a thing in my world!! I absolutely adore this holiday. I wish I practiced my thankfulness year round the way I do the month of November. As I took the time to just sit and bask in all the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me, tear filled my eyes. He has given me more than my selfish heart could ever deserve, and it seems with each year my blessings multiply.
Psalm 145:7They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
 
I'm so thankful for my faith that I have placed in my Savior Jesus Christ. This year has been such a year of growth in my walk. I have taken my prayer life much more serious than in the past. I'm not saying that I'm perfect in any way because I fail daily. I struggle to be more Christ like to my spouse, children, family, and friends.  
 
I am thankful for Cameron my husband. He is everything the Bible say love is. He is patient, he is kind, he does not envy, he does not boast, he is not proud, he does not dishonor others, he is not self seeking, he is slow to anger, he keeps no record of my wrongs, he does not delight in evil but in truth, He protects, always hopes, always trusts, and always perseveres. Cameron works very hard for us. I just want to remember to always thank him for all he does and is unfailing love.
 
I am thankful for my children. They are such a blessing with each day. Their innocence and adventurous spirits never fail to bring a smile to my face and warmness to my heart. I'm thankful for their constant forgiveness of my mistakes and impatience I have with them on a daily basis. They shower me with grace. I'm so thankful for that in itself. I pray for their salvation each day. Every morning they have baptisms I admire the sparkle in the parent's eyes as they watch their child follow through with their faith. I long for these days!
 
I am thankful for Cameron's job, our home, and the food that is on our table. Some days are more difficult than others when it comes to these things. I will say we have come such a long way in our seven years together. Thank the Lord.
 
I'm thankful for all of friends and family. I don't know where I would be today if it weren't for your love and support through life. I am so happy I have y'all to share in the trials and tribulation as well as the joys of life.
 
I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you eat till you can't button your pants and laugh till your gut hurts!!
 
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment