Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Fall Fringe Bags


I know I'm not the only one out there who is completely ecstatically that fringe is still hot hot hot!! As the saying goes if loving fringe is wrong,then I don't want to be right. Thank you Junk Gypsy! As the temperatures slowly start to cool down and pumpkin everything clouds your mind I thought I would bring to you a few of my favorite fringed bags. 

Of course some are way, and I mean way way out of my price range it's still fun to look. I always enjoy finding a pieces out of my budget and tracking down a similar more inexpensive alternative. But, then if you spend a little more you always get a little more. Great quality leather products last a lifetime. My mom has a purse that she purchased in the early 80s and it is still in great shape. And hones the older something is the more I like it! Vintage leather is absolutely timeless in my eyes. Gorgeous tooling and fringe are timeless in any cowgirl's book. Adding conchos, beaded work, feathers, and painting make it all the better. There is just something in the intricate detailing and time taken to bead anything! I for one do not have the patience or the talent to do so. I salute and may be a bit jealous of these gifts some of you possess. This also goes along with all you talented gals who can took the heck outta some leather. 

I'm so happy we live in a time where the rest of world sees what true western fashion is. I tire of people from town thinking that I wear my high waisted Rockies or my fat babies everyday. Not that there is anything wrong with these, but they are just not for me! Western fashion is so much more, and there are many different avenues. There are leather artisans, handmade boot makers, hat makers, and the list goes on. And no I'm not talking about Kenny Cheney crunched up hats!! The western fashion industry is full of very high end gorgeous pieces. I'm so proud that mainstream fashion is getting a true glimpse through the fringe, turquoise , and so on. We are real women who bust our butts out there alongside the boys. We can get dirty and we can clean up more than well. We are the women who feed this country. We are talented artist, horse women, cooks, photographers, cattle raising fashionistas! I'm proud of my cowboy heritage, and I want to spread my love near and far. I want to inspire others to do the same. We are few left of a dying breed. We have to show the world that we are a proud few, and why this is best way of life there is! There is just nothing better than waking up and watching the sun come up on horseback and the sweet smell of mesquyt trees, and the sound of a bull bat. My love is strong!

Now I will step down of my soap box...thanks for sticking in there with me through that. I hope y'all have a wonderful Thursday! What are some of your favorite western designers, women western artist, leather workers? I would love to hear from you! 

XOXO,

Jordan 

1 comment: