Saturday, July 11, 2015

Making Your Own Style



If you have followed my blog for  very long I'm sure that you can see that I enjoy many different types of style. I love my roots of the western world first and foremost, then comes along a more chic style, a funky bright colored style, and the list goes on. Through my college years ( and probably currently ) I caught a lot of grief for this. Some would tell me I had no idea of who I wanted to be, but they were and still are wrong. I'm a girl and most of my readers are girls. And you know what being a girl is all about? It's about expressing your feelings and inspirations through your very own style. No where have I ever read that you must pick one avenue of the fashion world. Why not have your cake and eat it too??





 
 
My heart was stolen at a very young age to the cowboy way of life. It runs through my veins. I grew up horseback out in the pasture right alongside all the men driving cattle, flanking calves, and feeding cattle on snow days when everyone else was sledding.  I love that my father taught us how to work. The cowboy way has such a rich history and heritage.
 
As for that I am a huge fan of turquoise, fringe, denim, leather, and I'm sure you are all well aware of my cactus obsession. These are all things that you can always see in any of my outfits. Any given day if you saw me out and about I always have my turquoise on regardless of my current mood and style for that day. I have three of my most favorite cuff that my mother gave me that are the centerpiece of my arm party.
 
 
As far as my arm party goes there are dashes of my more chic side with members from Michael Kors, Chloe and Isabel, and Loren Hope. I feel like turquoise is completely timeless. It will always be in. Currently you can catch it on the Boho scene in almost every look you see in magazines or Instagram.
 




 
 
 
I love putting outfits together that are a little funky that you would not typically see on a mannequin in a department store or even in your favorite boutique. I love mixing patterns! Stripes and polka dots, leopard and hearts, and florals and fur. Sometimes they can be total opposites or maybe from different seasons. Example, floral and fur. You don't usually see furs paired with floral. I've never been known for how normal I am. Sometimes it doesn't quite look right, but you just have to keep toying with it until you feel like it looks like you. I feel like that  is the most important fashion tip a girl could every use or share. Just because your neighbor wears heels and dresses and you see a pair of totally chic heels that you want in your life and you are western girl, that doesn't mean you can't have them! It is so much fun to take bits and pieces of out of your comfort zone and ease them into your daily style little by little. Before you know it Monday you'll be pattern mixing, Tuesdays are total chic with a great dress and heels, Wednesdays are skinnies and and funky fun Emoji tee  , Thursdays are fringtastic with bright lips, and Fridays are for flowy soft white colors. You can so make whatever you want to wear your very own!
 
XOXO,
Jordan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment