Thursday, July 9, 2015

Have Fun, Ok?



Hello dawlings! I am sure you have thought that I forgot about you for the millionth time. WRONG! You know how life gets. Run here, run there, just run everywhere!

Something has been weighing on my heart lately. As mothers we seem to lose our true selves. You know that girl who loved  pink lipstick, glitter, margaritas with the girls, maybe a little dancing with our man in the kitchen?  Do you remember her? If I'm honest there are days when I could dig a hole to China before I found my fun loving self. It is so hard to get caught up in the toddler fits, the laundry mountain, and what in the world will I make for dinner. Yes being Momma is the most incredible job in whole entire world, but there are times that you just have to be yourself. On my birthday I was super excited to join Katey McFarlan for dinner and some girl talk about her blog. It felt so good to be myself just hanging out with a super fun group of girls talking over drinks. I honestly cannot remember the last time I got to go out kid free and just let loose. I found myself talking like a college girl again. Talking fast and laughing uncontrollably.

I got this silly sticker book (yes I know what you're thinking, grow up Jordan....my answer is a BIG FAT NO!) from Ban.Do. As I looked through all in incredibly cute stickers I spotted Have fun, ok? sticker and it instantly became my Momma motto!

My goal for myself is to have a girls night out at least once every two months. I know to some of you that doesn't sound like much, but I live five miles down a dirt road and the most excitement I see is the weekly trip to the grocery store. I do love my life so very much and the people in it, don't get me wrong.

So next time you're about to pull your hair out because of flying food, a sink full of dishes, or a lovely poop explosion pick up your phone and call your gal pals. If you don't have any hit me up! Sometimes motherhood can be difficult and darn right challenging, but we are in this together. We are in the sisterhood of motherhood! We have to be there for each other to build each other up when we feel down and just have some good old fashion pre momma fun every now and then!

XOXO,
Jordan

2 comments:

  1. I love your new motto, and I would totally join you for girls night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I would love that!

    ReplyDelete