Friday, July 17, 2015

Beef Enchiladas

 
Good Saturday morning! I have been bouncing ideas off of some of you loyal readers, and found that some of you might want to see some recipe post. Please be patient with me, I'm learning as I go! This time around will be a little rough, but I think we will learn how to make a wonderful dish for all to enjoy!
 
The first thing I wanted to bring to y'all was the very first meal that my husband looked at me and asked who I was? I found this recipe on the Pioneer Woman, but with each time I make it it morphs into my very own.
 
Here's what ya need....
 
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons flour
1 can of green sauce
2 cups chicken broth
salt
pepper
ground beef
1 can of green chilies
cheddar cheese
 
 
 
Add oil and flour together and whisk. Let bubble for one minute.
 
 
 
I like to add  seasoning before meat is browned.
 
 
 
Brown your meat and drain. 
 
 
 
Add green sauce, broth, salt, and  pepper to oil and flour mixture. Whisk until mixed. Bring to a boil and reduce heat then let it simmer.
 
 
Add green chilies to meat. Sometimes instead of chilies I use rotel.
 
 
 
Fill your tortillas with the meat mixture.
 
 
 
Add green sauce to the bottom of the dish and roll.
 
 
Fill your dish to your heart's content.
 
 
I didn't show the last steps of covering the enchiladas in cheese. I bake them at 350 for 20 minutes. I'm putting these babies in the freezer for Sunday. We have some friends coming over for dinner. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.
 
If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask. This recipe is loved by  my family, friends, and the cowboys.
 
Happy Weekend!
 
XOXO,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment