Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Rancher's Wife






Denim Shirt || similar at GAP
 
Tunic || The Rollin' J
 
Denim || Old Navy
 
Fringe Booties || Target
 
Being a rancher's wife may seem to be a simple job title to the average person. But we wifeys wear many hats. We are the cook, the nanny, the feed truck driver, the shot girl { not jello shots }, the gate opener, and the list is never ending. Growing up hearing my father say "someone" needs to do this, we always knew he meant good ole MOM! It's a privilege to be promoted to the "go to gal." I love this lifestyle we are so blessed to live and raise our family in. I conned my man into taking a few pictures for me this evening in turn as help going to catch a calf that got out for trade. It's these things in the life of a rancher's wife that make me smile. We load up the kids for a fun day of feeding cattle or going on a wild goose chase to choke something down.
 
With all that being said this fun little shoot took place in my kitchen. I  feel like this outfit would fit a lot of rancher's wives style. I like to think of this as "Denim Dan" meeting the "Lumberjack." Denim is hot, hot ,hot this spring. We will be seeing jumpsuits out of denim and as pictured here denim on denim. I remember growing up if I wore a jean jacket I would freak out if the denims didn't match. Hey, look at me now wearing light on dark, and I love it!!! It breaks up the monotony of being the same head to toe, and not to mention the fun splash of plaid. Plaid has been so hot this Fall/Winter. I think the spring trend of the "picnic tablecloth" pattern will be just as hot and fun. I can't wait to purchase my first thin light weight long sleeved picnic patterned shirt. I'm on the hunt!! And have I told y'all gals?? If lovin fringe is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!! FRINGE is HUGE this spring as well!!! I love love love taking things I see in high end fashion and warping them into something that works for my style. I ensure you that this Spring I'll have tons of fun outfits doing just that.
 
 I don't usual do this, but since I mentioned a few of my jobs I thought I might share one of my favorite recipes I use when we have our big works for the cowboys. I am a mom of two being two and under in age, so you can imagine how cooking goes for me at times. I enjoy doing something that is going to fill the men up and might actually be easy for  me. I have a huge sweet tooth so of coarse I'm going to share a dessert with y'all today!!
 
                   Cobbler Crust
        
          2 cups of any Pancake mix (along             
         with what it calls for)

         6 Tablespoons sugar

         6 Tablespoons softened butter

                  Cobbler Filling

          2 cups of mixed berries (any fruit)

           2 lemons-juiced

         1cup sugar  

         2 1/2 Tablespoons all purpose flour

         1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease baking pan. 

Add pancake batter,sugar, and butter into mixing bowl and mix until all butter has smoothly mixed in for a creamy mixture. 

Take fruit,lemon juice,sugar,flour,and cinnamon and mix in separate bowl. Be sure if you are using frozen fruit that it has been thawed to avoid a watery cobbler. I've been there done that! 

Next, pour crust mixture to cover bottom of the pan with thin layer, then spoon cobbler filling evenly distributing filling throughout dish. Then pour remaining crust over the cobbler filling.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed a double feature today!!
 
Happy Thursday!
 
XOXO,

Jordan

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment