Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Hairtine!

Welcome to Trendy Tuesday! This is my brand new blogging series on the latest trends in the fashion and beauty world. Each week I will bring you new looks, tips, and tricks! Today we're kicking it off with my weekly hair routine. I know with being a mom or maybe even not being a mom sometimes hair is the last thing on our minds.

Being a new mom to two children ages two and under you can only imagine how I have neglected my hair the past few months. I finally got into my fabulous stylist { my mama } this past week. I was more than ready for a big change. I haven't colored my hair since Taos was a newborn. Four months of no chemicals was a wonderful vacation for my tresses. I decided on a rich plum color. I only use the Framesi Ecletic color line on my hair. This line is a Demi permanent, which means it is not permanent. It is great to use on chemically treated hair. I love this line because unlike other demis, there is no darkening or fading. After each application my hair is left with wonderful shine and softness. As a hairdresser I only use this line and their permanent line on all my clients in the salon.
As far as my weekly hair regiment goes, I only shampoo my hair once a week. I can only imagine what is going through your mind right now. That's so gross! The natural oils your body produce are healthier than any hair product you can use. Dirty hair also works great for styling with braids, curls, or updos. I always ask my clients when doing prom or wedding hair to please come with dirty hair. With a good dry shampoo you can always buy a day or two in between shampoos. My favorite dry shampoo is by Bed Head Oh Bee Hive. Not only does it absorb the oil it also acts as a root lifter making it easy to do fun hairstyles when you're ready for a change. 

My favorite shampoo right now is from the Bed Head Urban Antidotes collection. I have done my fair share of damage to my hair and this collection provides recovery for your hair at three different levels. I use the second level, Recovery. This helps moisturizers  my dyed, fried locks. 

My blow out routine is super simple! I lightly towel dry my hair then spray Framesi's Primer 11 sparingly  throughout my hair. This is a wonderful  leave in conditioner that locks in your color, adds shine, repairs damage,and detangles   just to name a few perks. I use a medium sized round brush focusing on keeping my hair smooth. After running my flat iron over my hair I polish my locks off with Framesi's slush gloss. This adds extra shine and controls frizz and split ends. And there you go, I'm good for the week!

Happy hair days!

No comments:

Post a Comment