Monday, November 17, 2014

Tour Through Blogland



Welcome to the next stop on the Tour through Blogland!!! I'm Jordan Finney here at Western Homestead. I'm a cowboy's wife, momma to two sweets, Jesus lover, cook for the Cowboys, and that's just a few of my titles! I'm so excited to be a part of the fun!! 

What am I working on right now?
Right now I'm planning to host our family Thanksgiving for the very first time! I'm constantly searching Pinterest for great recipes. I'm in charge of the sweet potatoe casserole, pies, mashed potatoes, and cranberries. You can find all the great recipes, table arrangements, and kids crafts for the big day on my Pinterest on my board "Hosting the First Finney Thanksgiving." I also am working on getting my house decorated for our first Christmas as a family of four in an actual house. We are picking traditions to enjoy as a family together from Christmas to Christmas each year.  You can find some Christmas DYIs on my blog along with today's blog about what new tradition we are trying this year! Branding is also coming up in a few short weeks. I've got to find lunch and dinner recipes to feed a whole crew of hard working men for 7-10 days. 

How does my work differ from others in my genre?
Well I'm a stay at home momma who plays the part time role of a hairdresser and full time homemaker. I take care of not only my children and home, but multiple times a year I cook for Cowboys that come to help work cattle on our family ranch. My entries can range from funny momma moments, recipes, birthday parties, holidays, DYIs, and so forth. I love that I don't center my blog on one thing entirely. If you know me you know that I'm always flying by the seat of my pants and love life that way! I love excitement and new adventures but at the same time I'm super old fashioned. I'm not really sure how that works out, but that's just me! 

Why do I write?
Being a full time stay at home mom and living five miles down a dirt road we don't exactly have people lined up for a play date with us, so I find blogging allows me to reach out to other Mommas. I enjoy following fellow Mommas and having a laugh or two at our crazy children moments, mommy Pinterest fails, and this crazy life in general. I love the moms I have met so far and look forward to reaching out to more!! We are in all in this crazy club called motherhood together!!

How does my creative process work?
Like I said I always fly by the seat of my pants. I'm usually driving down the road or putting the kids down for a nap and I get an epiphany and I start typing frantically. I write about what is laying on my heart or something I saw that I want to share with others! 



3 comments:

  1. I love your responses! I fly by the seat of my pants, too! Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tour! Can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete