Saturday, November 15, 2014

Motherhood in the Fastlane



As I sit here in the very rare silence of my home while Taos has crashed out at 7:00 and Pecos and daddy are feeding horses, I reflect on just how fast the last two years of life have flown by. I've always heard that once you hit 21 it goes even faster, but once you hit motherhood times goes by at sonic speed! I hate to think in just a few years I won't get to hear tiny little sticky footprints of footed Jammie's running down the hall to me, the tiny voices saying Mommy, or have any tiny noses to wipe. I know I may drive some of you totally insane with all my baby and toddler spam, but I truly could care less. I'm glad I take too many pictures of these precious moments that are fleeting with my babies. These are the years I get to pour my blood sweat and tears into forming my tiny children into big kids to be ready to be sent out as lights of God to a dark world! Yes, it scares me to send them to school where sometimes awful things happen to innocent children. Then again I think if I cling on to my children, God can't place more blessings into a clinched hand. 



 My babies are growing and growing with each passing day! Just this past week Taos { four months } cut his first tooth and is weighing 18 lbs!! Ummm talk about where is my baby going?! He has graduated to 12 months clothing....unmm awesome excuse to go shopping!! It's hard to believe just four months ago I was holding an 8 pound baby boy all swaddled and sleeping so peacefully. Now he is rolling every which way and scooching across the floor. 



Pecos Jane turned two at the end of October. The sweet baby who made me Momma is two years old?! This seems practically impossible. It seems just like yesterday I was sitting in the tub calling my mom asking what labor feels like. Just last night I said " oh Pecos, will you always be Momma's baby girl?" Her reply much to my devastation was "I'm not a baby any more, Momma!" My heart shattered! 

In turn my point I want to make to you is that even though time moves at warp speed doesn't mean we always have to! Working Mommas and stay at home Mommas the same. Yeah things are crazy at work and baby has an earache for the umpteenth time this month, but hey these are the days that our babies need and most importantly want us! I myself have had to learn this in the past couple months dealing with Taos constantly sick. It's  OK!! There may be a weeks worth of dirt on the floor, dinners dishes to be washed, Sunday dresses and pants to be washed and ironed, and so many other things left undone, but I challenge you this week to just let go just one evening and cut up and have a good time with your kiddos! Friday nights we let Pecos stay up with us and we watch all kinds of movies, play games, wrestle, count our fingers, and color. I have to say it does my heart, soul, and mind good to just let go. Go to bed just once with the house looking like a bunch of hooligans live here....well duh they do!! Have you met us?! As the song says let them be little because they're only little for a little while!! 


9 comments:

  1. Geeze. I loved that. Homerun on that one, Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! So glad you loved it!! My heart feels like there's something the Lord wants me to do, but I haven't figured it out quite yet! I'm gonna keep on praying. My heart is full of love for not just my kids but others. I'm so thankful I get to exercise that at church working in the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Pecos, she is a doll baby! This made me get tearful, so true Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly let them be little, and they sure don't stay that way for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont you just love motherhood!? The greatest gift! Our babies are seriously growing to fast! "/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My little one is growing far to quickly for this mama's liking. How can we keep them little a bit longer? But this post is really speaking to me. #BabyD has had a rough couple of weeks physically which have been wearing us all down, but his late night need for snuggles won't always be there, so I'm trying to treasure the smell of his hair while he falls back asleep in my arms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the saying, "the days are long, but the years are short". I was almost crying last night because it's already the end of November and where did this year go?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids grow up way too fast! Keep enjoying every single moment!!

    ReplyDelete