Monday, November 10, 2014

DIY Sparkly Branches


Do you wanna build a snow man....I'm kidding I'm kidding! But really, would you love to know how to make your own sparkly branches and save some money!!?? I had a lot of fun making these tonight, and it's super easy!  This is a great way to set the tone for the Hollidays by creating a gorgeous effect throughout your home. 


This evening all four of us went to feed the heifers...or if you ask Pecos she'll tell you the "shelias." I suppose she may have some Aussie in her. As when I go I am the designated gate opener, but today I joined cheerfully as I had plans of gathering branches. You also can find branches in your pasture, back yard, or at the park. I gather just three branches that were about three feet each. I did this so I could break off pieces off at my ownleisure. It's always so nice to make the calls when it comes to length snd size of your branches when shooshing them in with your garland. 


I made a quick trip to the good ole Dollar Store and bought some spray adhesive and glitter. I used a pizza box { it gets pretty messy } and laid my branch flat and sprayed the adhesive then glitterfied away! I did the same to the other side, and then topped both sides off with a finally spray of adhesive. It dries super fast and you're ready to decorate!! 






also have a great tutorial coming up on making new Christmas ball ornaments a vintage makeover. I also plan on making some bigger silver and gold sparkly branches to dress the tree!!  








3 comments:

  1. Lovely! We are kindred spirits! Love the dollar store! Now I want to put my tree up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I'm going to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad y'all enjoyed!! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete