Monday, October 20, 2014

Nice to meet Yall!!

Since I've been working on getting my blog out there and seen, I'm hoping I've gained just a few new followers. In that case I'd like to take some time to introduce my family and I to you! 


I was born and raised in Archer County on my father's cattle ranch. Growing up my two sisters and I worked right alongside all the boys in pasture. We were right in the middle of the action flanking calves, giving shots, branding, feeding, and all that great stuff. Also I was a very active member of the National Youth Cutting Horse Association and the Texas High School Rodeo Association where I served as the student Vice President and President. I qualified for state four times, earned a State Champion Title, qualified for nationals twice along with a National Reserve Champion Title. 



After high school I moved to Weatherford to attend Weatherford College where I attained an associate degree and completed cosmetology school. I also met the love of my life there. Cameron was on the rodeo team. We met through my roommate's boyfriend. We had seen and totally noticed each other weeks before, but I for one am way to shy to make the first move. After meeting in the game room we have been pretty well insuperable. 



After graduation I moved home to work in my mom's shop. Cameron was also working for dad help run the ranch. After a few months of being home I decided I wanted to further my education and go to fashion school. 

In the August of 2011 I made the leap of faith moving to Denton to attend the University of North Texas. It was a big personal challenge for me moving to a town that I was not familiar with or knew anyone in town. In my second semester of fashion school Cameron and I found out we were expecting a baby. At the age of 21 and 22 we felt we were merely kids. I had a part time job as a hairstylist at ULTA, and quit school to become full time and Cameron moved to Decatur to help run yearlings. 


At 6:43 on a Tuesday morning we gained the new titles of Mom and Dad to a beautiful 7lb 7 oz baby girl, Pecos Jane. We fell instantly head over heels for her. The first few months it was just Pecos and I, since Cameron was working so much. Pecos and I have so many first we share with each other...that is my blog for this Thursday as my girl turns the big TWO!! She taught me so much about love in those few months of just us in that tiny efficiency apartment day after day. 


In the February 2013 Cameron and I said  I do and moved in together as a family to Decatur. I was so happy to have Cameron close by, even though he was gone most days day working making a living for our family. I was so thankful to have the blessing of being a stay at home mother to experience each moment with Pecos first hand. As with Denton, I didn't really know anyone around Decatur so it became really difficult some days. I yearned for conversation and a friend to have. That August I began nannying for some really great people. I also got to keep Pecos along with their precious little boy and nine year old daughter. That job was a complete blessing for a new mom looking for a little niche. 

That October we made the big move back to Archer County { praise the Lord } and celebrated Pecos Jane's first birthday around loving family and friends. We moved into the bunkhouse and made it our home. Cameron started running cattle for my uncle in Dundee and helping my dad at the Swichhouse. A week after Pecos' first birthday we found out we were expecting baby # 2. We were totally shocked but very excited!! God's timing is perfect timing. I firmly believe that Cameron's job became available for us to move back and be around family for the pregnancy and birth of Taos. 

The blessings were multiplying as in January we got to move into the "Switchhouse", the house I grew up in. It was a dream come true for me. I always wanted to marry a cowboy and move back home to raise our babies out on the family ranch. Ranch life is the best childhood.



June 19th at 7:49 am our lives again changed when our 8 lb 11oz Taos Ray was born. Oh how my heart beamed with love and pride as I held both my babies for the first time. It's amazing the love God blesses you with. I felt like my heart would explode when I looked in my husband's gorgeous green eyes and we held our babies at their first meeting. 

This bring us to present day. I am a stay at home Momma who is a hairstylist and Independent Soule Sister at Crossed by Gypsy Soule on the side. I love Jesus, my husband, my babies,family, fashion, cooking, coffee, and life!! I believe each day is a blessing that the Lord has given us, so we should go out and make the best of it!! Thank you to all my new followers, and I look forward to sharing more blogs with yall, and reading your blogs!! 



Have a blessed day! 






2 comments:

  1. my heart is melting over the picture of the siblings meeting! So beautiful! I can not wait for that moment for my Kenzie & my Mina. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It will be one of your all time favorite memories!!!

    ReplyDelete