Thursday, October 9, 2014

It's Fall Ya'll!!!

Well here in Archer County the Fall like weather hasn't quite caught on with these still summer like temperatures of 100 plus the past few days!! Oh but I wouldn't let that stop me from a super fun trip with my Mom, sister, nephew, and my sweets to the Darwin Adams & Son Fruit Stand in Sunset, Texas for some good ole pumpkins!! I have adored this little stand from US 287 on my travels to and fro. It was about an hour drive for us, but I believe it was totally worth it! Not only did we score some super unique pumpkins, but we also snagged Daddy's favorite of pineapples and Momma's favorite of peaches!! Nothing beats fresh fruit that has been grown by the local farmers! 


The stand is family owned and operated. They are super friendly and helpful! They had such a wide variety of fruit and vegetables and also honey from local bees. We will be making a special trip for that next week. With our bad allergies in this household a teaspoon of honey a day should be a big help to fight these nasty fall allergies along with peppermint, lavender, and lemon essential oils. It was so hard to choose from the strawberries, blackberries, tomatoes, squash, and so forth. They also had the cutest setup for pictures. I highly recommend if you're looking for a new place to visit to get some fresh fruit and vegetables or just looking for a fun little road trip with the kiddos for pumpkins and cute pictures to hit the road to Darwin Adams & Sons Fruit Stand!!







No comments:

Post a Comment