Monday, September 29, 2014

Oh, be careful little mouths what you say....

Oh be careful little mouths what you say
Oh be careful little mouths what you say
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little mouths what you say 



I know we've all heard this song during sometime of our childhood! But as I trudge through this wonderfully hair pulling journey of motherhood, I tend to wonder if we as parents should sing this song to ourselves! But really! As funny as it seems, I'm always fumbling over my words while in the presence of my beautiful little parrot Pecos Jane. She is such a little sponge, which can be a great thing and also not so good! 


On the good side she is learning like crazy at this age of 23 months...sniff sniff she is NOT supposed to be this old!! Everyday she astounds me with a new catch phrase and words. It has gotten to where she is carrying on a full on conversation with us. It makes things so much easier when she can tell me if she's hungry, thirsty, or if her little tummy is hurting. It so nice the last almost year of getting over that communication hump of crying and whining and using our big girl words to tell Momma and Daddy what she needs! Her favorite thing is to FaceTime with her Lolli and Pop. When she replies with phrases such as "I love you" "I miss you" "yes ma'am" and "I'm playing" I beam with pride of my smart little girl! I'll admit she repeats what I say and I'm not so proud of MYSELF at times!


As I admitted in my last blog that I fail daily, my speech is just one of the many areas I struggle. I wouldn't say I have a complete "potty mouth," but from time to time when I stub my toe in front of Pecos and shout out "oh crap" and she repeats I have to show her that that isn't correct. I have to admit it's very hard not to giggle at that little sweet voice saying such a thing, but I'd really not like her to say that at church or out in public! I usually tell her that that was very bad of mommy to say. And she responds with "oh bad Momma"  I honestly don't know if this is quite the "by the book" correct way to handle this but I'm sure trying and thus far we haven't had outburst. I also have a really bad habit of saying shut up when I dont believe something...yeah so teenager of me I guess I'll never quite grow up. I know that everyday is new day and a learning process of this raising polite children. 


So I've admitted one of many motherhood flaws and it still gives me a good giggle from time to time. I'm so thankful that I serve a forgiving Savior and He always is giving me a fresh start with each morning. I'm sure by the time I'm a 99 year old granny in my moo moo's I'll have this motherhood thing figured out, until then I'm going to grin and bear each failure and know that when the sun rises  I have a fresh start! 

1 comment:

  1. Pecos is so precious! I bet her and Teale would be good friends!!

    ReplyDelete