Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mothers Day for Marmie



To start off Happy Mothers Day to all you hard working Mommas out there!! I hope you get all the spoiled and loving you deserve tomorrow!! Wow, what an awesomely rewarding, yet challenging job we are blessed to have! Sometimes I think to myself oh what I wouldn't give to just have thirty minutes a day to just relax with no noise. But at the end of the day when my sweet girl tells me "la you" and wraps her precious arms around me all those tantrums seem to disappear from my memory. 

My mother is one of the most talented and creative people you will ever meet. There isn't anything that she can't do. I've seen her fashion chicken wire and paper mâché into amazing works of art and take old fallen down buildings and transform them into two gorgeous businesses. She can cook, seeing as she had her own steak house, make beauty from nothing, and did I mention she is gorgeous, inside and out. She has taught me that it is ok to stand out from the crowd, and has always encouraged me to chase my dreams. She has kept faith in me when I didn't believe in myself. Her love has prevailed when I was unloveable. She is the definition of a mother. 

My sisters and I wanted to make her Mothers Day extra special this year. We took a huge leap of faith and decided to throw her a surprise brunch. She is a very hard person to fool, she has a way of asking questions until she gets what she wants out of you. Guess that's why we call her Mom! 



I told her I needed her to come to my house at 10:30 to help set up for my nephew's birthday party that was later this afternoon. Denver arrived this morning and we set up for our lovely brunch underneath the over 100 year old pecan tree. This tree holds so many childhood memories for us sisters and our mother. I remember making mud pies on the concrete bench underneath those beautiful limbs while Momma planted flowers. We set the table with her favorites of crystal wear, pink roses that she planted when we were little, sheds, and her most favorite sticks. Denver made delectable quiche and fruit salad served in ice cream cones drizzled with cream cheese icing. 



Watching my sweet beautiful mother's face as she walked up to her three baby girls awaiting her with a surprise was the greatest gift of all for me. She was overwhelmed with surprise and happiness, we had done it!! We enjoyed the morning giggling at the silly things we did under that tree together and the old playhouse. It was such a sweet morning of just enjoying each other and taking a break from the stress of the everyday. This is one memory I will cherish for life. I'm so thankful that The Lord blessed me with the mother and sisters He did. I hope we make this a yearly Mothers Day tradition. 



There are times when only a mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.

There are times when only a mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a mother's heart and a mother's faith
And a mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the angels
And sent from God above.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment