Sunday, March 16, 2014

Queenie's Berry Cobbler

I by no means am what you call a "great cook", but over the past couple of months I have had to step my game up! Since my last blog we have moved from the bunk house into the headquarter house!! I'll have to do a blog next on the new home! I'm so excited to have a real home and room for all my babies! Along with the house comes the responsibility of cooking three square meals a day for the day working crew. 

A couple of weeks ago they were pairing getting everything situated for shipping in June. I ran across a peach cobbler recipe and twisted it up a little with my own touches. 

               Queenie's Berry Cobbler
  
                   Cobbler Crust
        
          2 cups of any Pancake mix (along             
         with what it calls for)

         6 Tablespoons sugar

         6 Tablespoons softened butter

                  Cobbler Filling

          2 cups of mixed berries (any fruit)

           2 lemons-juiced

         1cup sugar  

         2 1/2 Tablespoons all purpose flour

         1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease baking pan. 

Add pancake batter,sugar, and butter into mixing bowl and mix until all butter has smoothly mixed in for a creamy mixture. 

Take fruit,lemon juice,sugar,flour,and cinnamon and mix in separate bowl. Be sure if you are using frozen fruit that it has been thawed to avoid a watery cobbler. I've been there done that! 

Next, pour crust mixture to cover bottom of the pan with thin layer, then spoon cobbler filling evenly distributing filling throughout dish. Then pour remaining crust over the cobbler filling. 



Bake for 30 minutes or until the the top is golden. And enjoy!!! 




It seems to always be a hit with the cowboys, so I hope you enjoy it!! Pretty simple recipe and bakes quickly!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment